Thursday, July 14, 2011

3 Day Info

It's almost that time, kids! The Boston 3 Day is upon us! This time next week, I'll be frolicking in Boston, getting ready to walk 60 miles!

Okay, who am I kidding? I ain't walkin' 60 miles. It's been a hell of a year, and I simply have not been able to train the way I wish I could have. But I'm still going to walk as far as I can, I will still sleep in a tent, shower in the back of a semi-trailer, and eat food under a big white tent. I will drink watered down Gatorade, eat PB&J on graham crackers, and use port-a-potties. And I will love every second of it, right down to the blisters on my little toes.

Last year, I didn't know anyone in Boston. This year, I am blessed to have several wonderful friends in the area. You don't know how emotional it is to cross that finish line. I can only imagine how it feels to cross it and have people waiting there for you. I would LOVE to see my Boston Family at the finish line this year! Listed below are all the official cheering stations and the finish line/closing ceremony information. If you decide to be at a cheer station, PLEASE let me know so I can try to drag my feet to it instead of hopping on a sweep van!

Also, thanks to the craziness I call my life, I missed the deadline for having mail sent to camp at The 3 Day. I can say without a doubt that the notes of encouragement I got last year kept me going... and the pictures of Danny Wood included in some of them didn't hurt either. This year, I'll be going the email route. So if you'd like to send me a note to keep me going on The 3 Day, please send it to abbie.vicknair@gmail.com (I won't be checking this account until I get to camp at the end of Day One).

Friday, July 22
8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
St. Paul's Church
502 Washington Street
Wellesley, MA 02482

12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
DCR Boat Launch
Crescent Street (between Brown & Ash Streets)
Waltham, MA 02453

Saturday, July 23
7:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Robins Farm Park
51 Eastern Avenue
Arlington, MA 02476

9:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
YMCA - Greater Boston Area: North Suburban Family Branch‎
138 Lexington Street
Woburn, MA 01801

11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parker Field Playground
81 Worthen Road
Lexington, MA 02420

Sunday, July 24
7:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Shaw's Supermarket
699 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138

8:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
Cambridge City Hall
795 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139

9:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Boston Public Garden
Intersection of Commonwealth & Arlington Street (between the statue of George Washington and Swan Boats)
Boston, MA 02127

CLOSING CEREMONIES:
Sunday, July 24
4:30 p.m.

University of Massachusetts
100 William T. Morrissey Boulevard 
Dorchester, MA 02125

1 comment:

LipDom Team said...

WAHOO!!!!! This is the most exciting time of year. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it! I'm already ready to register for NEXT year and DFW isn't until November! :-)