Thursday, June 2, 2011

Three Thousand Dollars, Two Lumps, One Port

I hit my $3000 fundraising goal for the Boston 3 Day last night. And while that would normally be a great moment and one that I would celebrate by dancing around my living room in my pjs (come on, you know you do it), it wasn't. Why?

One of my closest friends is heading to the doctor this afternoon. She found a lump the other day while working out. She's not quite 30. And while we don't know what this lump is yet, the fact is that she's anxious and we're all holding our collective breath.

Another friend found a lump this morning.

My stepmother has a port and is receiving chemo.

I can't look at any of them and say that $3000 is enough and still be able to sleep at night.

1 comment:

Jay Furr said...

I'm glad you hit your fundraising goal. And damned sorry to hear about the lump.