Monday, December 14, 2009

Be The Sunrise


"The sunrise, of course, doesn't even care if we watch it or not. It will keep on being beautiful, even if no one bothers to look at it." - Gene Amole

"How will that make me look? What will they think?" These are the questions that have been posed to me for the past few weeks. I'd like to say that I stumbled upon this quote, but I feel like it was brought to me to help me say this: Stop worrying about what others will think. Your words, actions and reactions should be an expression of your soul. You should do the right thing, the kind thing, the loving thing because you want to and because it is an expression of who you are, not because you want to be looked upon with favor. Be like the sunrise. Be beautiful because it is who you are, not because you want someone to watch.

No comments: